Welcome to the world of Internet of Things!
Linksmart.net is a software-defined gateway for Internet of Things applications. It acts as a bridge between the digital world and the physical world, allowing applications and apps to talk to, control and observe objects in the physical world through a common software gateway.
The main features of Linksmart.net are:
- A model to represent objects and their relations in the physical world
- Standardised representation and APIs for IoT software resources and their services
- Pairing of physical objects and software resources
- Routing of physical world requests to software objects
- Automatic resource and service discovery mechanisms
- Event detection and processing
- Scalable big data management
The Linksmart .net gateway provides mechanisms for routing requests regarding the physical world to the appropriate software resource that is able to fulfil the request, such as reporting the temperature in a particular office space or the current electricty consumption of an household appliance.
The gateway also provide means to detect and act on events that takes place in the physical world, such as a door was closed. Observations and state changes in the physical world can be logged and reported locally or to the cloud, thus providing the necessary facilitities to create and make use of big data.
The fact that Linksmart.net is a software-defined gateway makes it very flexible and your applications future-proof and independent of changes to hardware and low level protocols. The Linksmart.net gateway is fully programmable and available as Open Source.
A set of developer tools are available to allow configuration and administration of your IoT World.
In short, Linksmart.net is your gateway into the future of Internet of Things!